What Is SpellBound?
SpellBound is a therapeutic tool that helps children cope and engage with medical treatment using immersive augmented reality technology. SpellBound is used by pediatric specialists to improve procedural compliance and reduce trauma for their patients.
How Does It Work?
SpellBound uses the mobile devices (iOS and Android tablets and smartphones) hospitals already own to create therapeutic 3D experiences. Hospital staff and patients use SpellBound's tools with a mobile device to bring characters and scenes to 3D life with animations, music, and sounds.
Why Augmented Reality?
Augmented reality is a technology that adds digital experiences to the physical world and allows you to experience them at the same time. It's one of the most immersive technologies available today, which is why we use it for our tools.
Because augmented reality allows the patient to stay engaged with the physical world visually and aurally, it's a great choice for therapists who need to keep constant contact with their patients. To learn about SpellBound use cases, click here.
Help patients cope with painful or stressful moments.
Let patients immerse themselves in amazing, 3D, virtual worlds.
Create excitement and encourage movement during rehabilitative therapy.
We've Received Awards from:
What We've Achieved:
- Winner of the People's Choice award at the 2018 Accelerate Michigan business competition
- App and books started being used by Child Life Specialists in C.S. Mott Children's Hospital
- Winner of the 2016 Innovation Award at BookExpo America, the largest publishing expo in North America
- Established a strategic partnership with GetWellNetwork, a leading company for interactive patient care
- Winner of GetWell Labs Next Gen Award at GetConnected 2016
- Winner of Detroit Startup Weekend 2014 (MagicBook)
- Winner of one of five prizes at Global Startup Battle 2014 (MagicBook)
- Provisional Patent filed January 2015; full patent filed January 2016
- Released the app in Android and iOS stores