10/25 - General Update
- SpellBound received the Acrovyn image samples from Leslie and has run tests on both of them.
- The images are not good triggers (not enough high contrast), but we were still able to use the parrot image to run a test.
- The SpellBound app was able to recognize the parrot image as a trigger.
- We printed out a version of the parrot image on paper to compare it with the image printed with Acrovyn. As you can see from our notes on the doc linked above, there was a delay of 2.5 seconds in recognizing the image printed with Acrovyn compared to the image printed on paper, which is not surprising given that the Acrovyn overlay decreases the clarity and brightness of the image. We'll run the same test with the subway image once you can provide the subway mural sample, and we anticipate it will perform much better since the subway map is much brighter and higher contrast to start with. Overall, good results.
- SpellBound re-tested the mural subway map image
- We found that it will serve as a very good trigger. It received 5/5 stars on the trigger quality test (whereas the parrot image received 2/5 stars, for comparison).
- NYP/TAP will send the subway mural sample to SpellBound once they're done with it.
- November 13th
- SpellBound will visit NYP to do testing and observation of lighting and space considerations at the location of the mural.
- SpellBound can be present for the Grand Opening of the wing and first demonstration of the mural if it would be helpful.
- At Mural Completion
- SpellBound will visit NYP at the completion of the mural project to train staff and ensure that SpellBound is installed and working on all necessary hospital devices.